Fearing fear

A good friend of mine today talked about his fears. Fears due to temptation, ambition, the American onslaught, technolgy invasion and the like. He plans to start a community on his Orkut space to call for support from like minde d people around the globe.

His fears came as joke to me, while I was listening to him. But then on second thoughts, he sounded sensible enough to nurse those fears. Take for instance his words: "I used to walk a lot. Now I own a mobike and a car. I need to walk. My feet dont let me do that because i have vehicles to take where i need to go. Im scared".

He went on: I used to think a lot. Now I have Net access. Even if I sit down to think, my hands reach out for the mouse. I fear that I just exist, I dont live.

Continuing with his fear thesis, he concluded with an attack on the American attitude and the Indian slave menatlity. He asks, rightly, Why should we value the dollar. Shed the greenback and we can see the US tumble.

Sensible thoughts, right. This friend of mine, Sunesh, fears that the 21st century man is running backward to reach the stone age yet again.

Sunesh, my friend, I agree. Your fears of attack from within and without are scary, indeed. I too have been nursing this fears. But then, I have learnt to live with them. For, I believe there ould always be a natural justice done to all the inustice happening around us. Remember Gujarat? Remember 9/11? Remember Devanampattinam and Veilankanni? In case you don't, try telling yourself what had happened is natural verdict pronounced. I have no fears now, because I do believe in what Tolstoy once said, "God sees the truth, but waits."

Comments

mrs.sabu said…
gud theme...but stilllll
Sanjeev said…
I agree, Mrs Sabu.

Popular posts from this blog

And Then, The Cashew Tree Shed a Dozen Leaves